Adult day programs are non-residential spaces for older adults who require assistance with daily activities but do not need 24-hour care. They are designed to support individuals who are unable to live independently due to physical, cognitive, or social limitations.
Participants in adult day programs benefit from the opportunity to socialize with peers, engage in stimulating activities, and receive necessary medical and personal care. Adult day programs offer a range of services, including health monitoring, medication management, therapeutic activities, and nutritional meals. The programs may also offer transportation services, allowing seniors to attend the program without having to rely on others for transportation.
The programs also provide respite for caregivers who need a break from their caregiving duties. Family members and caregivers can rest easy knowing that their loved ones are in a safe and supportive environment while they attend to their own needs. Adult day programs provide a valuable solution for families who want to keep their loved ones at home but need assistance during the day.
How to Pay For Adult Day Program Services
There are a variety of options that can help make adult day care programs more affordable. Here are some ways to help pay for adult day programs:
- Medicaid may cover some or all of the costs for eligible individuals
- Veterans Affairs may offer benefits for veterans and their spouses
- Long-term care insurance may cover adult day care expenses
- Some programs may offer sliding scale fees based on income
- Personal funds, savings, or assistance from family members
Additionally, Rockingham County awards Rockingham County residents grants to provide financial assistance at select facilities within the state. With these funds, Rockingham County expands its services and helps provide high-quality care to seniors in the local community. Rockingham County currently partners with Easterseals Manchester, Senior Class, and Silverthorne Adult Day Care Center. Participants of these programs can apply for financial assistance directly with the program coordinators.
Adult Day Care Programs in New Hampshire
There are a number of adult day programs located throughout the state of New Hampshire.
- Adult Day Care of Nashua – Nashua
- Castle Center for Adult Group Day Care – Keene
- Easterseals Adult Day Services – Manchester
- Easterseals Adult Day Services – Rochester
- Gateway Adult Day Service Program – Hudson
- Global Adult Day Care Health Center – Nashua
- Kearsarge Good Day Respite Program – New London
- Maintaining Independence – Hooksett
- Monadnock Adult Care Center – Jaffrey
- Mount Washington Valley ADC – Center Conway
- Nashua Adult Day Health – Merrimack
- Pearl Adult Day – Manchester
- Senior Class Adult Day Services – Hampstead
- Silverthorne Adult Day Care Center – Salem
- That Place You Know – Hollis
These programs provide valuable services to seniors and respite to caregivers, allowing New Hampshire families to remain together while receiving the support they need.
Adult day care might not be a good fit for individuals who require constant medical attention or supervision, as these centers are typically not equipped to handle serious medical emergencies. If adult day care is no longer an option, you may want to explore other long-term care options such as assisted living or nursing homes.
Our team of admissions counselors can help you find the best care level for your individual needs. Contact us today to learn more.